Okay, wow, this is a surprise. I’ve been nominated by Yousoro!
I have a tendency with any blog, but especially this one, to feel like I’m shouting into the void (even though I know I have very loyal followers. Waving at you, AuntyA!) So because of my fragile blogosphere-ego, to be tagged like this is amazing! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I, in turn, nominate:
And, now, following the “rules” of this award, I will list 7 things about myself and then post the list of rules.
7 Things about Myself
- I’m old enough to be your mom. (I’ll be 50 in 2017.) This is particularly noticeable because I run in anime/manga fandom, where the median age seems to be about 15. Sometimes, I worry that I’m that creepy old lady; other times, I get to have a PM on Tumblr wherein I legitimately inspire some young person to know that you don’t have to give up on fandom when you “grow-up.”
- In the place I live, the air gets cold enough to freeze any exposed skin in minutes. Minneapolis/St. Paul has had recorded temperatures colder than the surface of Mars.
- This blog started as a podcast, hence its name. ‘Cast…. ‘Kast…get it?? There are now YouTubers using the same name. This is not me.
- When I applied to college, I had to list my religion as “other.” I was raised secular humanist Unitarian Universalist. Despite that, I attended a Roman Catholic grade school and a Lutheran college.
- A friend of mine won the Hugo Award for short fiction. I went to WorldCON with her and because of that, I got to sit next to George R. R. Martin at the award ceremony. (Technically, his handler/assistant sat between us, but IT TOTALLY STILL COUNTS.)
- When I was a kid, if you’d asked me what I was going to be when I grew up, I would have told you: lawyer. I even started out in political science as an undergrad. But, secretly in my heart of hearts, I wanted to DRAW (not write, see below for the irony,) for Marvel Comics. At the above mentioned college, most people would have insisted I was an art major because of how I dressed and how much time I spent in the art department. My first grown-up job was teaching drawing and writing cartoons to 6 to 10 year old kids. I have a DeviantArt account under my fannish name.
- Speaking of fandom, I am a writer of both copious amounts of fan fic and novels. Like, published novels. Yes. I have my own Wikipedia entry.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award to your post
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass this on to as many people as you like (max 15)
- Include this set of rules
- Inform your nominees